Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie


I have officially made the switch from my fall obsession and pumpkin everything craze to more peppermint infused cocktails and ginger spiced everything.  However, I am still trying to stay healthy through out the holiday without over indulging every day.  

I love the holiday themed desserts and drinks.  It is very hard for me to say no all the time to freshly baked cookies or hot chocolate as my after dinner treat, again every night.  For me, the holiday is a time to treat yourself a few times to enjoy the deliciousness of all things homemade, but I also like to keep active and healthy all through out the Christmas season.

I decided to try a few extra spices in my smoothie the other morning to try and create the feeling of drinking a liquid gingerbread cookie.  It is still low in calories, keeps you full for a few hours, and really does taste like a healthy, holiday treat.  I added a scoop of protein to make it a full breakfast, but without the protein it tastes just as good.  Pour yourself a glass or two and enjoy feeling full and satisfied with this healthy, holiday smoothie.  Happy December!

Xo,
Laura



Ingredients:

  • 1 and 1/2 cups of vanilla almond milk (coconut milk or regular milk works too)
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup of ice cubes (add extra if the banana is not frozen)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/8 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Extra: 1 scoop Perfect Fit Protein (my favorite!)
Add all ingredients to blender and mix until smooth.  Add an extra shake or two of cinnamon to the top of the smoothie and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. We just got a vitamix.. I am SO making this tomorrow!
    xo Jaime
    www.therealfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed it! I love my Vitamix...it's so easy to use! I have a green juice recipe too here on the blog I make in my Vitamix that tastes anything, but like green juice ;)

      Delete