Friday, August 29, 2014

Red, White, and Blue Cool Down





This week has been filled with sunshine, cloudless skies, and promises of summer still lingering for days to come.  It also means I am really hot and need something to keep me cool.

All you need is some strawberries and blueberries, Vita Coco coconut water, and the Zoku popsicle mold.  With these few ingredients and time to freeze overnight, you will have a delicious and refreshing, low-calorie summer treat.  




I have been wanting to make popsicles all summer, and I finally purchased the Zoku popsicle mold a few weeks ago.  It's inexpensive and can be purchased here, and I will be continuing to experiment with popsicle treats for the rest of the summer into fall (carmel apple popsicles sound great to me!)  




So enjoy this weekend holiday coming up with something festive, tasty, and fun!


Red, White, and Blue Popsicles
~Serves 6

  • 1 cup of chopped strawberries
  • 1 cup of fresh blueberries
  • 1 large bottle of Vita Coco coconut water
  • Zoku popsicle mold
~Add strawberries to the base of the mold-I used about 4 to 5 strawberry pieces
~Fill the mold half way with coconut water
~Add blueberries-I used about 10 blueberries per popsicle
~Fill the rest of the mold with coconut water
~Allow to freeze overnight 



Enjoy!

Xo,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment