Thursday, August 14, 2014

Summer Slipping Away...




I know I'm not the only one who feels this summer is passing by way too quickly and feels they are still waiting to get their summer tan.  It seems this idea is true-every year you get older, time goes by faster and faster.

Maybe you've been caught up at work, stuck inside due to irritating summer rain, or maybe (for me) your every day life seems to take up your whole day and by the time you get your bathing suit and sunglasses on it's nine o'clock at night and dark out.

And just as easy as it is for me to pout and wear my sunglasses in the dark complaining I haven't had enough sun or made it to the beach, I am going to choose a different mind set.  I will choose to be grateful for having another summer and take advantage of what is left to come this season.  

Evenings on your patio with a glass of wine and good company, taking an hour lunch break to sit outside and breath, or going for an afternoon walk with your dogs are all summer activities to appreciate.  So even if you do have to sit outside at nine at night in your bathing suit and read your summer reading list with a head lamp instead of sunglasses, remember to be thankful for a summer evening-and just don't look at the clock!

Xo,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment