Friday, July 11, 2014

TGIF!



I know everyone is posting this week about getting back on track after the holiday weekend and what smoothies and work outs will help detox your system, but since I worked the weekend and it's been so hot out, I decided to give myself another option. Enjoy a mojito for tonight's happy hour. Anything with ice and mint is so refreshing to me. And while I write this I am dripping in sweat (sorry for the visual), but I am slowly cooling off with a raspberry mint mojito. This drink is so light and under 50 calories (none if you make it a virgin mojito). I found this Poland Springs seltzer water at Wegmans, and it has the perfect mix of sweet raspberry and cooling mint. Pick up your favorite rum (I always have Bacardi rum on hand), grab a few fresh mint leaves from your herb garden, and cool off.

Cheers to the start of the weekend, feeling a little bit more refreshed and slightly less sweaty!






Raspberry Mint Mojito:
  • 3 oz. raspberry mint seltzer water
  • 1 oz. rum
  • 8-10 fresh mint leaves
1. Muddle mint leaves in the bottom of the glass
2. Add crushed ice to desired amount
3. Add seltzer water, top with rum and stir or use a shaker to mix
4. Add some mint for garnish 

Cheers!

Xo,
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment