Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Tomatillo Salsa



This salsa was made purely from ingredients from the local farmer's market I visited this past weekend.   A snack I know where every ingredient came from and something I found to be very delicious.  This takes about 15 minutes to make and probably less than 15 minutes to eat.  I hope you all enjoy this salsa I think I have found to be my new favorite this summer!

Tomatillo Salsa:
~Serves 6
  • 1 quart tomatillos (about 20)
  • 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1 jalapeno pepper
  • Salt to taste
  • Garlic can be added as well, I'm just not that big of a fan-recommend about 1-2 cloves
-Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil
-Peel the tomatillos (they are a little sticky) and rinse with water
-Add tomatillos to boiling water
-When the tomatillos turn a bright yellow (as seen below-takes about 5 to 7 minutes), remove from water and strain
-Add tomatillos, chopped onion, chopped pepper, and cilantro, and salt to a blender
-Mix on high until all ingredients are finely chopped and becomes a liquid
-Allow to cool to room temperature or place in the refrigerator for later use
-Open your favorite bag of tortilla chips and enjoy!










Xo,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment