Thursday, October 23, 2014

Unwind right at Home



The days seem to be getting darker sooner, but for me they are feeling more full.  Days are so filled with a million things to do at work, taking care of six animals, trying to keep our house clean, and with the little time left socializing with family and friends.  Honestly, by the time my head hits the pillow I am always astonished with how the day went so quickly.  

Some days are more stressful than others and with that I am always looking for a good way to wind down.  Sometimes it's just with an extra glass of wine or a good book.  Last night my mind and body needed something together to relax.  

First it was necessary to get outside and take a breath of fresh air, literally.  We packed up the pups and went for a walk to enjoy the fall scenery.  It felt so good to just move, and that's it.  Allowing your eyes to do the thinking and let the rest of your senses relax is a nice way to focus your energy.  

After our walk, it was too late to find a local yoga class and my husband and I really didn't feel like leaving the house, but we wanted to stretch and relax more.  So, trying to use what we have, my husband got a fire started (hello hot yoga), I lit some candles, got out our yoga mats and an old yoga DVD, and surprisingly our family room was transformed into our own yoga studio.  With the blinds closed to set the mood, I was transformed into a space so peaceful and quiet I couldn't believe it was my own home.  Every time I finish a yoga class I always feel energized and relaxed at the same time and I love that lasting feeling.  

The evening would not have been complete with out a soothing, hot bath to finish the day.  I've included a picture of some of my favorite calming bath products (obviously red wine is included).  The smell of lavender and candle light sends me to another level of tranquility that some nights you just need.

So by the time my head hit the pillow last night, I still had a feeling of deja vu when pulling back the covers, but this time, I didn't really care.  I was too relaxed and peaceful to mind that the day was long, tiring, and went by way too fast.  But I was grateful for an evening to truly unwind, mainly in my own home.  I encourage you to find a way to make your a home a little more peaceful tonight.  Whether that includes your favorite book and a cup of tea by the fire or a leisurely walk with your friends, find a way to make your very own space your very own relaxation area.  Pour a glass of wine, get in that bubble bath, and breath.   Be grateful for having another day and knowing you will be ready for the next one to come.

Xo,
Laura




Bubble bath: Aveeno | Bath oil: Jo Malone | Face Mask: Naturopathica | Candle: Diptyque 


No comments:

Post a Comment