Friday, September 12, 2014

Caramel Apple Sangria





Happy Friday! It's time to relax and enjoy all this fall weekend has to offer, including some caramel apple sangria! When I was at the farmer's market last weekend I was thinking about using all of my apples in different ways and also eyeing up the caramel apples.  I could easily eat one (realistically more like three) caramel apples every day from Brace's Orchard. I just can't get enough of them, but I also don't like the feeling of having trouble zipping my jeans. 




Thus, I was inspired to turn this fall treat into a liquid concoction to satisfy my fall craving and keep the calories on the lower side.  Don't get me wrong, this drink is definitely still a treat with the apple cider's sugary content, but one or two glasses is just the right weekend cocktail to leave you feeling festive and happy for the fall season.  

This recipe makes a larger amount, but feel free to half the ingredients, use a smaller bottle of wine (mine was the jumbo bottle), and use less apple cider or more ice in your glass to lessen the sweetness of the drink. Don't forget to add an apple slice for some garnish; cheers!





Caramel Apple Sangria:
~Serves 12
  • 1/2 gallon of organic or local apple cider
  • 3 apples, unpeeled, cut into slices
  • 1.5 liter bottle of white wine (I used a Riesling)
  • 2-3 shots of caramel flavored vodka
~Add apple cider and wine to pitcher
~Add apple pieces to pitcher
~Add 2 shots of caramel vodka and mix together, taste drink to determine if you want another shot of caramel; it depends on your desire for more sweetness and flavor
~Mix again and cheers!

Xo,
Laura









No comments:

Post a Comment